Your visits are important to the patient and we encourage visits when appropriate. In general, please try to keep your visit brief & cheerful. One person may serve as a patient advocate, spending more time with the patient, helping the patient to understand diagnosis and treatment plans, and asking questions on behalf of the patient. For visits with children, please contact the nurse for any restrictions.
The Main entrance will be open 6 a.m. - 7 p.m. and closed holidays.
Visiting hours are 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day.
- Visitation and/or hours may be adjusted on a case-by-case basis as patient needs require.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room for patient care activities and must go to the waiting area.
COVID-19 Positive Patient Visitors
Only two visitors at at time.
The visitor is provided instruction and required to sign and follow the COVID-19 Visitor Waiver.
The visitor may only visit the patient room.
Visitation may be adjusted on a case by case basis due to visitor or patient risks.
- Patients in the OB will be allowed support persons during and after labor at the discretion of the patient. Visitors during the time of birth will be dependent on the circumstances. Siblings are permitted to visit, children under 12 years of age must be attended by an adult.
- Only 2 people may accompany the patient into the exam room. Additional visitors must remain in the waiting room.
- Potential Covid-19 patients may have only one adult accompany them into the exam room and must remain in the ED exam room.
Everyone at Wood County Hospital is dedicated to delivering professional, personal care to you and your family.
Volunteers staff the Surgery Center waiting area from 8 A.M. until afternoon. This area is located on the first floor, adjacent to the Surgery Center. For our visitors comfort and convenience, we provide reading material, puzzles and television, as well as lockers for personal possessions. There are two private conference rooms available for family members of our patients to meet with the surgeon following surgery.
Second Floor Lounges
In addition to the public waiting area on the second floor, each wing has a small family lounge where a patient’s loved ones can rest when they need to be out of the patient room.
The Walkway Respite is located in the second floor hallway that connects 2South to 2East and 2West. It overlooks a 15,000 square foot roof garden filled with plants and grasses that bloom from April through October. Tables and chairs are grouped together for the benefit of patients, family members and visitors who want to converse while looking at the garden.
Our gift shop is located in the main lobby on the first floor. Gifts, magazines, cards, and sundries are available. Hours are:
- Weekdays: 11:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.