Wood County Hospital Speech Therapists provide individualized evaluation and treatment of a variety of speech, language, cognitive, and swallowing disorders for both pediatric and adult patients. Some of the impairments and disorders include:
- Apraxia of Speech
- Articulation/Phonological Disorders
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Cognitive Communication
- Fluency Disorders/Stuttering
- Neuromuscular Disorders
- Nonverbal Communication
- Oral-Motor Disorders/Tongue Thrust
- Pragmatic Language (social language)
- Reading/Literacy Disorders
- Receptive and Expressive Language Disorder
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Voice Disorders
Kaufman Speech Praxis Treatment
Teaches children with apraxia of speech the easiest way of saying words until they have motor-speech coordination.
The Picture Exchange Communication System is a unique augmentative/alternate training program that teaches children and adults with autism and communication deficits to initiate communication.
VitalStim Therapy System
This system is a non-invasive therapy to help swallowing through the use of Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES). Electrical stimulation is used to aid muscle strengthening and muscle recruitment to rehabilitate the swallow.