Conveniently located in the medical office building attached to the hospital for easy access, the Maurer Family Cancer Care Center is designed for comfort, healing and hope.
- Radiation therapy treatment room features:
- Large virtual skylight and four virtual windows surround patients in a tranquil tropical environment
- Patient-controlled stereo music system
- Medical oncology infusion center features:
- Reclining lounge chair and charging station for a laptop or tablet for each patient
- Two walls of windows encourage relaxation during chemotherapy treatments
- Drinks and a variety of snacks
- Private patient parking lot
Technology to compete with major cancer centers
- Unsurpassed power to design and deliver optimum, customized treatment
- Ohio’s first Varian TrueBeam 2.0 linear accelerator and Toshiba Acquilion large-bore CT scanner
- Precisely targets tumors while sparing healthy tissue
- CT scanner creates a 4D video of the treatment area to develop a precise, customized treatment plan
- TrueBeam enables radiation to be focused directly on the tumor, minimizing the side effects to the surrounding healthy organs during treatments.
- Real-time Position Management™(RPM) Respiratory Gating equipment. RPM is a non-invasive, video-based positioning assistant the continuously monitors the position of a patient’s tumor for precise treatment.