Wood County Hospital is committed to supporting the health and wellness of the citizens of Wood County. There are many ways we define wellness:
- As the active process of becoming aware of and making choices toward a more successful existence (National Wellness Institute).
- Promoting or maintaining good health rather than the correction of poor health.
- Proactively taking responsibility for one’s health.
- Recognizing that good health is balance of the Mind, Body and Spirit in individuals, populations and communities.
- Adopting behaviors which prolong and enhance the state of being healthy, and by extension, life itself.
- The condition of good physical and mental health especially when maintained by proper diet and exercise (American Heritage dictionary)
Community members are encouraged to take advantage of wellness programs and classes.
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Disease Management
- Stress Management
- Personal Protection
For a comprehensive list of available classes and to register click here.