Preschool Program for Children with Autism
If your toddler has been diagnosed with autism, The Ready Program can help. This intensive program provides children diagnosed with autism the intervention they need to successfully transition into a kindergarten classroom.
To learn more about The Ready Program, call 419-354-3099.
Under the guidance of a licensed intervention specialist, the program provides small group and individual help to facilitate learning and readiness skills:
- Small class to teacher ratio of 6:2
- Skilled staff specializing under the area of autism
- Evidence-based practices and methods to improve social, cognitive and communication skills
- Speech and Occupational therapy present in the classroom 2 hours per week
- Aquatic therapy 1 hour per week
- Addresses dressing skills
- Works with children and families to add new foods to diet
- Family education
- Home programming
- AM class 9:00-12:00PM class 1:00-4:00
Program Acceptance Criteria
- Child between the ages of 3 and 5 years
- Diagnosed with autism
- Able to tolerate a small group environment
- Complete the Wood County Hospital Screening and Intake process.
Wood County Hospital is an Autism Scholarship Provider through the Ohio Department of Education. Payment for The Ready Program can be made through ODE or self-pay.
Rehabilitation Services and Medical Office Building
1037 Conneaut Avenue, Suite 205, Bowling Green, OH
Call 419-354-3099 for more information.
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
Wood County Hospital’s autism early intervention program is designed for children between the ages of 2 and 8 years old using a variety of ABA techniques including: intensive table teaching, natural environment teaching and applied verbal behavior. This 1:1 learning environment focuses on achieving developmental milestones, improving communication, play skills, self-help skills and decreasing maladaptive behaviors. Our focus is often working towards catching the child up to the skills of their same aged peers and preparing them to be successful in a group learning environment.
Our team of Board Certified Behavior Analysts focuses on designing an individualized treatment program for each child. Our Behavior Technicians have intensive training in applied behavior analysis to teach basic and complex skills. In addition, parent education is a scheduled part of each child’s program. The team provides parents with the tools to carry over therapeutic techniques into the home environment. Our ABA program is year round with part and full day options available.
Your child’s program is individualized and may include:
- Initial and ongoing evaluations
- Intensive Applied Behavioral Analysis intervention
- Functional behavior assessment
- Behavioral therapy and consultation
- Behavioral/educational consultation
Preschool learners who progress beyond a 1:1 teaching environment may enter into Wood County Hospital’s preschool program: The Ready Program. Click here to learn more about The Ready Program.