American Heart Month
January 18, 2019
To prevent heart disease and increase awareness of its effects, Wood County Hospital is proudly participating in American Heart Month. A Go Red for Women eventwill be held on Friday, February 1 from 8:30-11:00 AM in the hospital meeting rooms. The event will feature health screenings, health information, refreshments, door prizes, and presentation by Life coach, Amy Sieffert. The event is free and open to the community.
You can make healthy changes to lower your risk of developing heart disease. Controlling and preventing risk factors is also important for people who already have heart disease. To lower your risk:
- Watch your weight.
- Quit smoking and stay away from secondhand smoke.
- Control your cholesterol and blood pressure.
- WCH offers free monthly blood pressure checks. Visit Classesto see available dates.
- If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
- Get active and eat healthy.
If you’re not sure about your risks for heart disease, schedule an appointment with your primary care provider. If you don’t have a primary care provider, call our Physician Referral Line at (419) 373-7613or view the list of Wood County providers here.