5 New Year’s Resolutions for a Happy – and Healthy – 2019
January 15, 2019
If you haven’t set your 2019 resolution yet, check out the list of resolutions below. Does one of them speak to you? If so, write it down and commit to better health in 2019.
- Practice mindful eating – Eating when you’re distracted, like in front of a screen, leads to overeating. Take time to slow down and pay attention to your food, pausing to put down utensils between bites.
- Stress less – Learn to only focus on the things you can control. Remember, stressing about things you can’t control is not productive.
- Adopt an attitude of gratitude – Take some time at the beginning or end of the day to reflect on what you’re grateful for. Reminding ourselves of the small, everyday positive aspects of our lives helps to develop a sense of balance and perspective.
- Commit to a 30-day fitness challenge – Pick a fitness activity that’s easy and doesn’t require equipment, and commit to it for 30 days. There are many options to challenge yourself: practicing yoga, taking regular walks or joining a fitness class.
- Try something new – Getting out of your comfort zone can be intimidating, but it can also be a good way to find new passions. Try a new type of exercise, or visit someplace new.