Infant massage is a relaxing way for parents to form a closer bond with their baby. A soothing touch can calm an irritable infant and provide a sense of well-being. Parents can take this class before delivery or up until one year after their child's birth.
The Benefits of Infant Massage are:
- Relief from discomfort of teething, congestion, emotional stress, gas and colic
- Bonding with parent and baby/child to foster parent/infant bonding
- Skin stimulation –all of the physiological systems are stimulated by massage.
- Speeds myelination of the brain and nervous system
- Increase oxygen and nutrient flow to cells
- Deepens respiration
- improves muscle tone and circulation
- Helps to encourage midline orientation (studies have found this helps with learning to read)
- Improves sensory awareness
- Improved sleep
- Improved digestion
- Increases parents’ ability to help relax the child/infant
- Helpful to ease stress of a working parent who must be separated from the child during the day.
The cost of the class is $25.00 per session and includes an instruction book. A certified massage instructor will teach this course on an individualized basis.
Appointments for this individually scheduled class can be made by calling 419-373-7665.
Please contact Jennifer Tansel, RN if you have any questions at email@example.com or by phone at 419-373-7665.