All testing requires a physician order. An appointment is required for all studies except electrocardiograms (available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
To schedule your appointment, call 419-354-8896.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG/ECG): Records your heart’s rhythm.
- Stress Testing: Some studies require you to walk on a treadmill while your heart’s response to exercise is monitored. If you are unable to walk, you’ll be given medication to boost your heart rate.
- Holter Monitoring: This small, wearable device continuously monitors your heart rhythm over a 24-hour period.
- Event Monitoring: If your symptoms do not occur every day, your doctor may have you wear an event monitor for one to two weeks. When symptoms occur, you push a button to record your heart rhythm event.
- Echocardiogram: An ultrasound of your heart to assess circulation and heart valve function.