Prep for Your Hospital Stay
We are pleased that you have chosen Wood County Hospital. In order to make your hospital stay a comfortable experience, we suggest the following:
What to Bring
Don’t forget personal items to make your stay more comfortable. These might include:
- Nightwear, robe, rubber-soled slippers (may be necessary based on your care).
- Personal toiletries, such as make up, razor, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo
- Cases for eyeglasses, contacts, or dentures.
- Reading materials
- If packing for a child, you may wish to include a favorite toy, stuffed animal, or special blanket
Please remember to clearly label all personal items.
Important Papers to Bring
- Insurance card(s)
- Drivers License or Photo Identification (ID) Card
- Name & address of your employer
- Name, address, and telephone number of an emergency contact
- A list of all medications you are currently taking, including drug name, dose, and frequency
- Advance Directives, including Living Will, Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care, or Do Not Resuscitate forms
- Immunization Records
What Not to Bring
- You are strongly urged to leave valuables at home or send them home with your family. If you do bring money or other valuables, they should be deposited in the hospital safe when you are admitted. Wood County Hospital will not be held responsible for valuables left in your room. Please do not bring large sums of money, jewlry, or other valuable items.
- Avoid bringing electrical appliances or devices that must be plugged into an electrical outlet. All electrical equipment is subject to a safety inspection.
- Please do not bring in medications unless you are requested to do so.